Learn from a radar expert! After completion of this seminar, you will be able to set up your radar for maximum results and interpret the display under a variety of conditions.
Participants will learn simple techniques to:
- identify land-masses, other vessels and transient targets
- use radar effectively for collision avoidance and navigation,
- interpret and control the display under a variety of conditions,
- recognize and compensate for rain and sea clutter, interference and side-lobe echoes
- use the new generation of integrated radar which combine chart and radar technology
About the Instructor
Kevin Monahan is an experienced captain, retired Canadian Coast Guard officer, and author of “The Radar Book: Effective Navigation and Collision Avoidance.”
Registration includes The Radar Book: Effective Navigation and Collision Avoidance  per primary Member/Non-Member. This excellent book that retails for $25 is used in the United States Power Squadron Marine Radar Seminar.