7101 - 114A Street
03 Dec 2017 1000h - 1530h
Members $95 / Non-Members N/A
In this course, Myrna will highlight some of the reasons why processing food by canning can come in handy for offshore cruisers. This will be a hands on workshop in Myrna’s kitchen, and you will be doing your own canning. Everyone takes home a sample of the products created!
The course fee includes canning bottles and food for the canning projects. You will also get a set of handouts.
During the course, Myrna will:
- Demonstrate the equipment that will be used.
- Explain why some foods need high heat processing.
- Guide the hands-on preparation of meat, fish and one other product.
- Show how to load the canner and monitor pressure.
- Go over the timing of the water-bath.