Make it one of your New Year’s resolutions to check your BCA website information today! Is the information accurate and up-to-date regarding your:
- Boat name and type,
- Marina or Currently Cruising,
- Mailing address,
- Phone number(s),
- Email address,
- Ham and/or VHF licence,
- Spouse/partner, if applicable,
- Yacht club membership,
- And/or change in BCA membership status from Regular to Bluewater or Lifetime?
- Go to the Bluewater Cruising Association’s website and log in as the primary member. The primary member is the one who pays for the membership; the associate member is a ‘sub-account’.
- Click on ‘Manage Profile’.
- Click on ‘Edit Bio’. Update your information and save changes (bottom of page).
- Click on ‘Sub-accounts’. Is your partner/spouse linked to you? Is your boat linked to you? If they aren’t, follow the prompts to create a sub-account or email Liz to ask her to link you to your partner and/or boat.
Please also check whether your names are spelled correctly and capitalized appropriately, e.g., Cathy Smith-Brown, not cathy Smith-brown.
When checking or updating your address, please use the following street abbreviations: Ave., Blvd., Cir., Cres., Ct., Dr., Hts., Ln., Pkwy., Pl., Rd., St., Ter., Way. For directions: N., S., E., W., N.W., N.E., S.W., S.E.
Thank you. You’ll be making the directory coordinators’ job much easier!