Make it a New Year’s resolution to review your BCA profile information this week, if not today. It won’t take a lot of time, but will make the work done by the coordinators of the 2024 BCA Member Directory much, much easier. Ideally, we hope all members review and update their personal profiles, along with those of their partner/spouse and/or boat(s) well before the February 29 deadline.
How to Update Your Profile(s)
- Go to the Bluewater Cruising Association website and log in
- Click on Manage Profile (upper right rail)
- Click on Edit Bio (found under “Information & Settings”)
- Review / update the information and save changes (bottom of page)
Once that’s done, if you are the primary member (the one who pays for the membership), click on and update the Sub-accounts associated with your membership, i.e. your partner/spouse (the associate member) and/or your boat (also found under “Information & Settings”). The importance of up-to-date contact info for your partner (especially email addresses) cannot be over-emphasized. When it comes to your boat, we are specifically looking for:
- Boat name (upper case)
- Boat type and LOA
- SSB (VHF) call sign
- Where Moored or Currently Cruising info
Lastly, while you are reviewing your info, look for a red RENEW notice by your name to see if it is time to renew. Please note you can renew your membership for two years; then you can rest easy until 2026!
Contact Amanda, BCA’s Administrator, if you have any problems or questions such as:
- You do not remember your username and/or password
- Your partner/spouse and/or boat(s) are not listed as sub-accounts and you have problems creating them
- You need to delete or detach a sub-account
- You want to renew your membership
- You are offshore and need assistance with your membership renewal payment transaction
- You have any other questions about updating your profile
Thanks for your updates and for making our work much easier! Your new 2024 Member Directory will arrive in your mailbox later this spring.