Crystal Pool, Victoria
18 Jan 2020 1200h - 1600h
Members $100 / Non-Members $130
Be prepared for the worst.
- If your boat went down today, would you be ready and know what to do?
- Do you know what to put into a ditch bag?
- Do you know what provisions are in your raft and what to supplement them with?
- Did you think about packing your reading glasses? Your meds?
- Do you know when and how to launch your life raft?
- Have you ever gone swimming in your foul-weather gear and boots?
- Do you know how to get into your life raft?
- Do you know what the fundamental rule of survival is?
If you plan on going offshore and have answered “no” to any of these questions, then the Abandon Ship! How to Stay Alive in Your Life Raft course is for you. This is similar to the courses that are mandatory for all offshore racers in the Vic-Maui and Transpac races. Every offshore sailor needs this information.
Get a couple hours of classroom instruction from the highly knowledgeable Captain Jim Steele, followed by a couple hours in the pool practicing how to launch and board a life raft in your foulies. This fun easy-read article about the course will make you want to register!