Western Maritime Institute, Ladysmith BC
04 Nov 2018 1000h - 1330h
Members $65 / Non-Members $85
The Advanced Marine Radar course is for those who have taken Basic Marine Radar and wish to increase their practical and technological knowledge. Using real-life screen-captures, simulations and other audio-visual effects, you will soon be managing your radar like a pro.
Participants will learn about:
- The new generation of AIS and integrated radar systems which combine chart and radar technology
- The strengths and weaknesses of modern solid-state radar, Doppler radar and broadband radar
- Managing and understanding the issues inherent in modern integrated navigation systems
- Advanced navigation techniques, especially for navigation in remote areas where electronic charts are not dependable
- Advanced collision avoidance techniques and radar plotting
Kevin Monahan is an experienced captain, retired Canadian Coast Guard officer, and author of ,“The Radar Book: Effective Navigation and Collision Avoidance.”
This course will take place in a new-to-BCA location, the Western Maritime Institute, located in close proximity to Nanaimo Airport.