Burrard Civic Marina, Vancouver BC
07 Oct 2023 to 08 Oct 2023 0900h-1600h
Members $130 / Non-Members $150
This two-day course is intended for those who own and maintain their own vessels or those who want to gain a better understanding of diesel engines, including proper operation and maintenance. No prior experience or knowledge of diesel engines is necessary. The instructor will explain the operating principles of a marine diesel engine, including the operation, servicing and troubleshooting related to:
- Lubrication / Cooling
- Stuffing boxes / Shaft seals / Bearings
- Review of fuels, cooling and lubrication systems
- Electrical system: batteries, alternators, AC chargers and inverters
- Battery servicing
- Various charging systems
- Drives: straight drive, v-drive, sail drives
- Shaft seals and proper installation/inspection
Note: If you plan on attending David West’s one-day Advanced Diesel course offered Oct 14 and again on Oct 15, it is recommended that you first take this course especially if you do not regularly work on diesel engines.
David West is a well-experienced and knowledgeable diesel mechanic and instructor. He comes highly recommended by those who have attended his courses.