Western Maritime Institute, Ladysmith BC
03 Nov 2018 0900h - 1700h - This course is sold out
Members $110 / Non-Members $130
Learn from a radar expert! After completion of this seminar, students will be able to set up their radar system for maximum results and interpret a wide variety of radar information. Participants will learn simple techniques to:
- Identify land-masses, other vessels and transient targets
- Use radar effectively for collision avoidance and navigation,
- Interpret and control the display under a variety of conditions,
- Recognize and compensate for rain and sea clutter, interference and side-lobe echoes
- Use and understand ARPA (automatic radar plotting aid)
- Put your new-found skills to work in a real-time, state-of-the-art maritime simulator
Bonus: The course will include 1/2 day simulator-based training to better understand collision avoidance, true motion and relative motion and operating the radar in adverse conditions.
About the Instructor
Kevin Monahan is an experienced captain, retired Canadian Coast Guard officer, and author of “The Radar Book: Effective Navigation and Collision Avoidance.”
Registration fee includes a copy of, The Radar Book: Effective Navigation and Collision Avoidance, which normally retails for $25 and is used in the United States Power Squadron Marine Radar Seminar.
This course will take place in a new-to-BCA location, the Western Maritime Institute, located in close proximity to Nanaimo Airport.
Please Note - this course is sold out