Port Browning Marina
31 Jul 2021 to 02 Aug 2021
Members $5 per person / Non-Members $5 per person
Mark your calendar for the BCA August Rendezvous, hosted by the Vancouver Chapter, at Port Browning Marina Resort, Pender Island on July 31 – August 2, 2021!
All are welcome to attend: BCA members, including this year’s Fleet (“Leavers in Strangerous Times”), prospective members, past members and guests, boaters interested in offshore sailing and friends, young and old.
The Rendezvous Committee has planned several events, which, depending on Health Orders in effect at Step 3 (July 1), may need to be altered or reduced.
The Saturday evening dinner will be BYOFood/Beverage of your choice/Cutlery rather than our usual Potluck, as per Covid requirements. Sunday morning roll call will be at 0900h, following which there will be coffee, tea, sticky buns and muffins onshore (supplied by the Marina on both Sunday and Monday).
If you are planning to attend, you are asked to:
- Register early! RSVP by July 20 to Sally Holland.
- When replying to us with your RVSP, please include the following:
- Boat name and length
- Date of arrival, and;
- Number of people on board ($5 per person payable upon arrival at the Rendezvous)
- Arrive fully provisioned as Island facilities are limited, and ensure your water tanks are full as there is no water on the docks.
- Reserve dock space if required ($1.75 per foot / per night); this may be prepaid with a check-in by calling the Marina (250-629-3493; press 3 to reach the Marina manager, Allie); VHF radio or email. BCA has secured limited dock space for 5 or 6 boats, including the Host Boat.
- Anchoring out is available, with a dinghy dock to tie up to when you come ashore; you may also leave your dinghy secured on the beach.
- Remember your musical instruments and Sou’Wester hats!
More information coming as details are worked out.